uniqprobe™ BioAC with Rounded Tips for Cell ImagingNANOSENSORS qp-BioAC-CI AFM probes are based on NANOSENSORS qp-BioAC probes.
For the qp-BioAC-CI type the AFM tips have been rounded to a nominal tip radius of 30nm for Cell Imaging applications. This probe is dedicated to measurements on soft and life science samples only.
These probes feature three different rectangular cantilevers on one side of the support chip.
The uniqprobe BioAC cantilevers unite fairly high resonance frequencies with low force constants.
The reflex gold coating deposited on the detector side of the cantilever covers only the free end above where the tip is located. Main advantages of the uniqprobe coating are considerably less cantilever bending and reduced drift particularly for measurements in liquid environments.
The NANOSENSORS uniqprobe combines the well-known features of the other NANOSENSORS AFM probe series such as high application versatility and compatibility with most commercial SPMs with the additional advantage of a strongly reduced dispersion of force constant and resonance frequency.
The unsurpassed uniformity of the mechanical characteristics of the uniqprobe series is particularly important for applications, where a large number of probes with known and near identical force constants or resonance frequencies are needed. The AFM probes of the uniqprobe series are especially adapted for molecular biology, biophysics and quantitative nano-mechanical studies.
The probe offers unique features:
- typical tip radius of curvature about 30nm
- circular symmetric tip shape with a hyperbolic profile
- typical tip height 7µm
- stress free cantilevers
- reduced drift for applications in liquid environments
- small dispersion of force constant and resonance frequency
- tip and cantilevers are made of a quartz-like material
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- tip repositioning accuracy of better than ± 8µm (in combination with Alignment Chip)
- chemically inert