SuperSharpSilicon™ - Non-Contact / Tapping Mode - Long Cantilever - Reflex Coating
NANOSENSORS™ SSS-NCLR probes are designed for non-contact mode or tapping mode AFM. They are offered as an alternative to the NANOSENSORS™ high frequency non contact type (NCH). The SSS-NCLR is recommended if the feedback loop of the microscope does not accept high frequencies (400 kHz) or if the detection system needs a minimum cantilever length > 125 µm. Compared to the high frequency non-contact type NCH the maximum scanning speed is slightly reduced. This AFM probe combines high operation stability with outstanding sensitivity and fast scanning ability.
For enhanced resolution of nanostructures and microroughness we offer our Super SharpSilicon™ tip with unrivalled sharpness.
The probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed tip radius of curvature < 5 nm
- typical tip radius of curvature of 2 nm
- typical aspect ratio at 200 nm from tip apex in the order of 4:1
- half cone angle at 200 nm from apex < 10°
- highly doped silicon to dissipate static charge
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- precise alignment of the cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series
The reflex coating is an approximately 30 nm thick aluminum coating on the detector side of the cantilever which enhances the reflectivity of the laser beam by a factor of about 2.5. Furthermore it prevents light from interfering within the cantilever. The virtually stress-free coating is bending the cantilever less than 2% of the cantilever length.