SuperSharpSilicon™ - Non-Contact / Tapping Mode - Long Cantilever
NANOSENSORS™ SSS-NCL probes are designed for non-contact mode or tapping mode AFM. It is offered as an alternative to the NANOSENSORS™ high frequency non contact type (NCH). The SSS-NCL is recommended if the feedback loop of the microscope does not accept high frequencies (400 kHz) or if the detection system needs a minimum cantilever length > 125 µm. Compared to the high frequency non-contact type NCH the maximum scanning speed is slightly reduced. This AFM probe combines high operation stability with outstanding sensitivity and fast scanning ability.
For enhanced resolution of nanostructures and microroughness we offer our SuperSharpSilicon™ tip with unrivalled sharpness.
The probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed tip radius of curvature < 5 nm
- typical tip radius of curvature of 2 nm
- typical aspect ratio at 200 nm from tip apex in the order of 4:1
- half cone angle at 200 nm from apex < 10°
- monolithic material
- highly doped silicon to dissipate static charge
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- precise alignment of the cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series