SuperSharpSilicon™- Force Modulation Mode - Reflex Coating
NANOSENSORS™ SSS-FMR AFM probes are designed for force modulation mode.
For enhanced resolution of nanostructures and microroughness we offer our SuperSharpSilicon™ tip with unrivalled sharpness.
The FM type is offered for force modulation microscopy. The force constant of this AFM probe spans the gap between contact and non-contact mode and is specially tailored for the force modulation mode. The SSS-FMR tip serves also as a basis for high resolution tips with magnetic coating (SSS-MFMR). Furthermore non-contact or tapping mode operation is possible with the FM tip but with reduced operation stability.The probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed tip radius of curvature < 5 nm
- typical tip radius of curvature of 2 nm
- typical aspect ratio at 200 nm from tip apex in the order of 4:1
- half cone angle at 200 nm from apex < 10°
- monolithic material
- highly doped to dissipate static charge
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
The reflex coating is an approximately 30 nm thick aluminum coating on the detector side of the cantilever which enhances the reflectivity of the laser beam by a factor of about 2.5. Furthermore it prevents light from interfering within the cantilever. The virtually stress-free coating is bending the cantilever less than 3.5% of the cantilever length.