SuperSharpSilicon™- Force Modulation Mode
NANOSENSORS™ SSS-FM AFM probes are designed for force modulation mode.
For enhanced resolution of nanostructures and microroughness we offer our SuperSharpSilicon™ tip with unrivalled sharpness.
The FM type is offered for force modulation microscopy. The force constant of this AFM probe spans the gap between contact and non-contact mode and is specially tailored for the force modulation mode. The SSS-FM tip serves also as a basis for high resolution tips with magnetic coatings (SSS-MFMR). Furthermore non-contact or tapping mode operation is possible with the FM tip but with reduced operation stability.The probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed tip radius of curvature < 5 nm
- typical tip radius of curvature of 2 nm
- typical aspect ratio at 200 nm from tip apex in the order of 4:1
- half cone angle at 200 nm from apex < 10°
- monolithic material
- highly doped to dissipate static charge
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity