Point Probe® Plus Non-Contact / Tapping Mode - Long Cantilever - Reflex Coating
The PointProbe® Plus (PPP) combines high application versatility and compatibility with most commercial SPMs. The typical AFM tip radius of less than 7 nm and the minimized variation in AFM tip shape provide reproducible images and enhanced resolution.
NANOSENSORS™ PPP-NCLR AFM probes are designed for non-contact mode or tapping mode AFM (also known as: attractive or dynamic mode). The NCL type is offered as an alternative to NANOSENSORS™ high frequency non contact type (NCH). PPP-NCLR is recommended if the feedback loop of the microscope does not accept high frequencies (400 kHz) or if the detection system needs a minimum AFM cantilever length > 125 µm. Compared to the high frequency non-contact type NCH the maximum scanning speed is slightly reduced. This AFM probe type combines high operation stability with outstanding sensitivity and fast scanning ability.
The AFM probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed AFM tip radius of curvature < 10 nm
- AFM tip height 10 - 15 µm
- highly doped silicon to dissipate static charge
- Al coating on detector side of AFM cantilever
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- precise alignment of the AFM cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series
The reflective coating is an approximately 30 nm thick aluminum coating on the detector side of the AFM cantilever which enhances the reflectivity of the laser beam by a factor of about 2.5. Furthermore it prevents light from interfering within the AFM cantilever. As the coating is nearly stress-free the bending of the AFM cantilever due to stress is less than 2 degrees.
This AFM probe features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip. These grooves fit to the NANOSENSORS Alignment Chip.