PointProbe® Plus Non-Contact / Soft Tapping Mode - Reflex Coating
The PointProbe® Plus (PPP) combines high application versatility and compatibility with most commercial SPMs. The typical AFM tip radius of less than 7 nm and the minimized variation in AFM tip shape provide reproducible images and enhanced resolution.
NANOSENSORS™ PPP-NCSTR AFM probes are designed for non-contact or soft tapping mode imaging. The combination of soft AFM cantilever and fairly high resonance frequency enables stable and fast measurements with reduced AFM tip-sample interaction. This feature significantly reduces AFM tip wear and sample wear at the same time.
The AFM probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed AFM tip radius of curvature < 10 nm
- AFM tip height 10 - 15 µm
- highly doped silicon to dissipate static charge
- Al coating on detector side of AFM cantilever
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
This AFM probe features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip. These grooves fit to the NANOSENSORS Alignment Chip.