Point Probe® Plus Magnetic Force Microscopy - Low Momentum - Reflex Coating
The NANOSENSORS™ PPP-LM-MFMR AFM probe is designed for magnetic force microscopy with reduced disturbance of the magnetic sample by the tip and enhanced lateral resolution - compared to the standard PPP-MFMR probe. The force constant of this probe type is specially tailored for magnetic force microscopy yielding high force sensitivity while simultaneously enabling tapping mode and lift mode operation.
The hard magnetic coating on the tip is characterized by a coercivity of app. 250 Oe and a remanence magnetization of app. 150 emu/cm3 (these values were determined on a flat surface).
The SPM probe offers unique features:
- hard magnetic coating on the tip side (coercivity of app. 250 Oe, remanence magnetization of app. 150 emu/cm3)
- effective magnetic moment 0.5x of standard probes
- metallic electrical conductivity
- guaranteed tip radius of curvature < 30 nm
- magnetic resolution better than 35 nm
- tip height 10 - 15 µm
- Al coating on detector side of cantilever enhancing the reflectivity of the laser beam by a factor of about 2.5
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- precise alignment of the cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series
As both coatings are almost stress-free the bending of the cantilever due to stress is less than 3.5% of the cantilever length. For enhanced signal strength the magnetization of the tip by means of a strong permanent magnet prior to the measurement is recommended.