PointProbe® Plus Lateral Force Microscopy - Reflex Coating
The PointProbe® Plus (PPP) combines high application versatility and compatibility with most commercial SPMs. The typical AFM tip radius of less than 7 nm and the minimized variation in AFM tip shape provide reproducible images and enhanced resolution.
For lateral or friction force microscopy NANOSENSORS™ offers a special type of AFM probe (LFM: lateral force microscopy). This sensor type is optimized for a high sensitivity to lateral or friction forces by an extremely soft, thin AFM cantilever
The AFM probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed AFM tip radius of curvature < 10 nm
- AFM tip height 10 - 15 µm
- highly doped silicon to dissipate static charge
- Al coating on detector side of AFM cantilever
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- precise alignment of the AFM cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series
The reflective coating is an approximately 30 nm thick aluminum coating on the detector side of the AFM cantilever which enhances the reflectivity of the laser beam by a factor of about 2.5. Furthermore it prevents light from interfering within the AFM cantilever. As the coating is nearly stress-free the bending of the AFM cantilever due to stress is less than 2 degrees.
This AFM probe features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip. These grooves fit to the NANOSENSORS Alignment Chip.