PointProbe® Plus Lateral Force Microscopy - Reflex Coating
The new PointProbe® Plus (PPP) combines the well-known features of the proven PointProbe® series such as high application versatility and compatibility with most commercial SPMs with a further reduced and more reproducible tip radius as well as a more defined tip shape. The typical tip radius of less than 7 nm and the minimized variation in tip shape provide more reproducible images and enhanced resolution.
For lateral or friction force microscopy NANOSENSORS™ offers a special type of AFM probe (LFM: lateral force microscopy). This sensor type is optimized for a high sensitivity to lateral or friction forces by an extremely soft, thin cantilever
The probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed tip radius of curvature < 10 nm
- tip height 10 - 15 µm
- highly doped silicon to dissipate static charge
- Al coating on detector side of cantilever
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- precise alignment of the cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series
The reflex coating is an approximately 30 nm thick aluminum coating on the detector side of the cantilever which enhances the reflectivity of the laser beam by a factor of about 2.5. Furthermore it prevents light from interfering within the cantilever. The virtually stress-free coating is bending the cantilever less than 2% of the cantilever length.This AFM probe features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip. These grooves fit to the NANOSENSORS Alignment Chip.