PointProbe® Plus - High Quality-Factor - Force Modulation Mode - Reflex Coating
The new PointProbe® Plus Q30K-Plus combines the well-known features of the proven PointProbe® Plus series such as a further reduced and more reproducible tip radius (typical tip radius less than 7 nm) as well as a more defined tip shape with a high mechanical quality factor (Q-factor) under ultra high vacuum (UHV) conditions. The typical Q-factor of over 35000 under UHV conditions and the aluminum coating on the detector side provide excellent resolution and an enhanced signal to noise ratio.
The FM type is offered for force modulation microscopy. The force constant of this AFM probe spans the gap between contact and non-contact mode and is specially tailored for the force modulation mode under UHV conditions. Due to its high Q-factor and the typical features of the PPP series this AFM probe combines high operation stability with outstanding sensitivity and fast scanning ability.
The probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed tip radius of curvature < 10 nm
- tip height 10 - 15 µm
- highly doped silicon to dissipate static charge
- Al coating on detector side of cantilever
- excellent mechanical Q-factor under UHV conditions for high sensitivity
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- precise alignment of the cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series
The reflex coating is an approximately 30 nm thick aluminum coating on the detector side of the cantilever which enhances the reflectivity of the laser beam by a factor of about 2.5. Furthermore it prevents light from interfering within the cantilever. The virtually stress-free coating is bending the cantilever less than 2% of the cantilever length.