PointProbe® Plus Force Modulation Mode - Reflex Coating
The new PointProbe® Plus (PPP) combines the well-known features of the proven PointProbe® series such as high application versatility and compatibility with most commercial SPMs with a further reduced and more reproducible tip radius as well as a more defined tip shape. The typical tip radius of less than 7 nm and the minimized variation in tip shape provide more reproducible images and enhanced resolution.
The FM type is offered for force modulation microscopy. The force constant of this AFM probe spans the gap between contact and non-contact mode and is specially tailored for the force modulation mode. The PPP-FM probe serves also as a basis for magnetic coatings (MFM). Furthermore non-contact or tapping mode operation is possible with the FM tip but with reduced operation stability.
The probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed tip radius of curvature < 10 nm
- tip height 10 - 15 µm
- highly doped silicon to dissipate static charge
- Al coating on detector side of cantilever
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- precise alignment of the cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series
The reflex coating is an approximately 30 nm thick aluminum coating on the detector side of the cantilever which enhances the reflectivity of the laser beam by a factor of about 2.5. Furthermore it prevents light from interfering within the cantilever. The virtually stress-free coating is bending the cantilever less than 2% of the cantilever length.This AFM probe features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip. These grooves fit to the NANOSENSORS Alignment Chip.