PointProbe® Plus Force Modulation Mode
The PointProbe® Plus (PPP) combines high application versatility and compatibility with most commercial SPMs. The typical AFM tip radius of less than 7 nm and the minimized variation in AFM tip shape provide reproducible images and enhanced resolution.
The FM type is offered for force modulation microscopy. The force constant of this AFM probe spans the gap between contact and non-contact mode and is specially tailored for the force modulation mode. The PPP-FM tip serves also as a basis for magnetic coatings (MFM). Furthermore non-contact or tapping mode operation is possible with the FM tip but with reduced operation stability.
The AFM probe offers unique features:
- guaranteed AFM tip radius of curvature < 10 nm
- AFM tip height 10 - 15 µm
- highly doped silicon to dissipate static charge
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- precise alignment of the AFM cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series
This AFM probe features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip. These grooves fit to the NANOSENSORS Alignment Chip.